Eating raw organic vegetables is the best way to obtain all those rich nutrients, vitamins, and minerals that your body craves and needs. There is no comparison between choosing organic over conventional. The amount of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals contained in organic produce heavily outweighs that of conventional produce. Not to mention, conventional produce is grown using genetically modified seeds contained in dead soil! See for yourself, choosing organic is a no brainer! http://www.organicconsumers.org/articles/article_28779.cfm
A great way to enjoy raw vegetables is to combine them, which brings out all the distinct flavors of each veggie you’re using. One of my favorite dishes to make is Guacamole. This nutrient packed dip is loaded with some of the most beneficial vegetables one can eat. The recipe I’m going to share with you is my version of a spicy guacamole. Not only do I make my guacamole spicy because I enjoy the flavor, but the spicy peppers I use are rich in the alkaloid know as capsaicin. This naturally occurring compound is know for it’s numerous health benefits, such as; boosting metabolism, lowering bad cholesterol levels, natural pain relief, and fighting cancer cells! Bring on the heat!
Spicy Guacamole (1 bowl)
- 1 avocado
- red onion
- bell pepper (green, red, or yellow)
- jalapeño (habañero, extra spicy)
- unrefined natural sea salt
- cayenne pepper powder
- Cutting board
- Knife, spoon, & fork
1. With a sharp knife, cut the avocado in half and remove the seed. Scoop out the insides of the avocado and place into a bowl.
2. Using a fork and knife, cut up the avocado until it reaches the appearance of cottage cheese. There should still be small chunks of avocado in the bowl.
3. Add to the bowl:
- 2 tablespoons of diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons of diced bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons of diced tomato
- 1/2 tablespoon of diced jalapeño or for extra spicy, use habañero
- 1/2 of a clove of minced garlic
- 3 pinches of cayenne pepper powder
- 2 pinches of unrefined natural sea salt
- 1 wedge of fresh lime juice
4. Mix ingredients and taste. Add more ingredients if needed.
5. Slice up some zucchini, carrots, and cucumber to use for dipping!
More awesome recipes to come! Keep following!