For those who love hot cakes but who want to eat healthy and natural, coconut flour pancakes are an excellent choice. They are relatively easy to make, though there are a few things to keep in mind. You do not want them too dry nor too soggy, and you want them neither too flat nor too fat. Aim for light and fluffy but with enough substance to give you a good dose of those wonderful flavors. The exact goal is, after all, a matter of personal preference. But, just remember to add a little more egg yolk or coconut flour to the recipe given below if you feel the cakes are too fluffy and to reduce those quantities if your feel your cakes are too brick-like. You can adjust things as needed, tinkering with this recipe until it fits your tastes precisely.
This coconut flour pancake recipe is easy to make, only takes 10 minutes to prepare, and feeds two. The ingredient list is as follows:
- A quarter cup of coconut flour
- Three eggs, yolk-in
- Two tablespoons of organic coconut oil
- A third cup of pure coconut milk
- Two tablespoons of raw, organic honey
- One-eight of a teaspoon of baking soda
- Half a teaspoon of vanilla
- Just a pinch of salt
- Some pure, all-natural maple syrup to pour over the top
- Some pure, all-natural butter (never margarine!)
- A few coconut flakes to sprinkle over the finished product
These ingredients are natural and healthy, but the pancakes they produce are quite delicious. It may take a little time and thought to find all of the ingredients, but what you can’t find at your local supermarket, you can likely find at a health food store. Once you are all stocked up, it will not take long or be very difficult to make these amazing pancakes.
The procedure involved in making coconut flour pancakes is outlined briefly below:
- Mix the eggs, honey, and coconut oil together. Break the yolks, and thoroughly blend these ingredients.
- Pour in the coconut milk and the vanilla.
- Now put in the coconut flour, the baking soda, and that pinch of salt. Mix it up, but do not over-mix the batter. It’s o.k. to get all the lumps out, but you don’t have to. If you opt to eliminate the lumps, do so by picking at them instead of by over-mixing the entirety of the batter. If you over-mix, the result could be pancakes that are too tough, like hockey pucks.
- Once the pan is hot, melt a little butter on the skillet’s surface. Drip a small circle of batter over it. Do not expect a lot of bubbles to appear and pop, like with ordinary pancakes, to indicate when it’s time to flip. Instead, you must lift the edges and peek below to see if it is golden brown yet.
- Once flip-ready, flip them. Of course, let them finish on the other side before transferring them from the griddle to your plate. Now spread some extra butter on the top, douse the cakes in real maple syrup, and sprinkle coconut flakes on top. Enjoy your healthy, delicious breakfast!
Coconut flour pancakes are a truly unique and natural treat that everyone will enjoy. By systematically replacing unhealthy food items, like ordinary pancakes covered with high fructose corn syrup, you can make strides towards achieving a fully healthy diet.
Related reading: 5 Delicious Ways to Add More Coconut to Your Diet