As human beings our greatest asset that we possess is our health. Healthy minds and bodies ignite our unique potential to live our sole purpose and to flourish. Through healthful living arise increased self-confidence, productivity, and a higher level of vibrancy from the inside out. Everything you do as a human being is working with the natural design of the body, or against it. You are the only person who can control your health outcomes and improve your unique level of human performance.
Is this level of abundant health a reality, or just a dream?
It’s absolutely a D.R.E.A.M, the combination of the five key components of natural health: Diet, Rest, Exercise, Alignment, and Mental positivity. To reap the benefits of natural health, it requires a paradigm shift from sickness and disease to wellness and prosperity; a lifestyle transformation from surviving the daily grind, to thriving with a healthy body and mind.
With focus and commitment to your long-term health goals you can make strides forward immediately to becoming the best version of you! Obtaining the health of your dreams is not going to happen over night. It’s going to happen in the morning. Dig down deep, and prepare to transform your health with these 5 easy to implement steps. Set your alarm clock one hour earlier tomorrow, the D.R.E.A.M lifestyle transformation requires one committed hour each morning.
1) Diet: Start each day with power and protein! Ditch the calorie-filled breakfast in a bag and commit to eating protein for breakfast. The best sources of animal protein are eggs or lean meat. Vegetarian? No problem! Implement almonds into your breakfast and thrive on protein-filled energy.
2) Rest: Correct your posture while sleeping, and wake up feeling recharged- no coffee necessary! Instead of falling asleep in your typical sprawled out position, consciously relax your mind and body with a correct sleeping posture. Lay on your side with a supportive pillow beneath your head and a small pillow between your legs keeping your hips in proper alignment throughout the night. This will help you wake up rested and revived each morning.
3) Exercise: Commit to a 30-minute morning walk and begin your day with endorphins! Walking has many health benefits including improved cardiovascular fitness. For those who wake up stiff and tired in the mornings, a nice walk is the solution to feeling more awake and flexible. Utilizing the joints through low impact exercise increases mobility and keeps the muscles and joints healthy while burning calories.
4) Alignment: Properly aligned posture is the foundation to a healthy bodily framework! After taking your 30-minute walk, stretch the key postural muscles that tend to tighten throughout the day. Perform 30-second intervals (per side) of stretches of the hip flexors, the gluts, the hamstrings, and the pectoral muscles. Your body will move with more efficiency throughout the rest of the day.
5) Mental positivity: As you walk your way to a fit body, think your way to a healthy mind! During your morning cardio session, ditch your headphones and become one with your thoughts. Affirm your D.R.E.A.M commitment by focusing on your long-term health goals. Visualize yourself achieving the life of your D.R.E.A.Ms and intentionally reward yourself for your commitment.
Be the best version of you by committing one hour of your time each morning. Implement steps one through five, to truly thrive! Your D.R.E.A.M life is waiting, so be proactive, dedicated, and empowered to raise your level of health and optimize the greatest asset of your life.
Dr. Krista Burns DC, DrHA, CPEP, CPS
Doctor of Chiropractic
Doctor of Health Administration
Certified Postural Specialist
Co-Founder American Posture Institute
Posture by Design, Not by Circumstance