Corn silk, this wonderful fibers inside the corn ear is well known for treating many problems. They contain Sitosterol and Stigmasterol, which help prevent high cholesterol, heart diseases. They also contain plant acids, which help improve skin and oral conditions, and regulate the glucose level in the body.
The most common way to use it is in the form of tea, learn the many benefits of corn silk tea and how you can make this miracle tea.
Corn Silk Tea Health Benefits:
1. Corn silk tea is a great natural source of vitamin C, which protects the heart, ensures proper blood circulation, and prevents the occurrence of cardiovascular diseases. It contains a good amount of beta carotene, niacin, riboflavin, selenium, thymol, limonene, and menthol too.
2. It is a good remedy for patients having high blood pressure, as it helps reduce blood sugar by increasing the level of insulin in the body.
Consult with your doctor prior to self-treating high blood pressure by using corn silk tea to be sure that you are not at risk for any complications .
3. Helps reduce Gout pain. Drink one cup three times a day. Once there is relief, reduce your intake to one cup a day.
4. Corn silk tea is a very good remedy for bed wetting, for both children and adults. Drink a cup of corn sil tea before going to bed is advised if you are beset with bed wetting.
5. It helps increase the amount of urine, it is therefore effective in all sort of kidney problems, including inflammation of the bladder, urinary tract infection and painful urination.
6. It improves the poor digestion problem. It is observed that corn silk stimulates bile secretion by the liver, stored in the gall bladder, which is necessary for digestion.
7. It contains a good amount of vitamin K which makes it useful in controlling bleeding especially during childbirth.
How to Make Corn Silk Tea:
Choose quality, fresh corn silk from homegrown or organic corn.
Boil 2 glasses of water on a pan, then pour 3 handful of Fresh Corn Silk.
Cover and let this steep for around 15 minutes or until its cool enough to drink. Then strain.
Drink 3 cups a day.
More By Author Here.