Key findings from the National Diabetes Statistics Report, 2014 (based on health data from 2012), include:
- 29 million people in the United States (9.3 percent) have diabetes.
- 1.7 million people aged 20 years or older were newly diagnosed with diabetes in 2012.
- Non-Hispanic black, Hispanic, and American Indian/Alaska Native adults are about twice as likely to have diagnosed diabetes as non-Hispanic white adults.
- 208,000 people younger than 20 years have been diagnosed with diabetes (type 1 or type 2).
- 86 million adults aged 20 years and older have prediabetes.
- The percentage of U.S. adults with prediabetes is similar for non-Hispanic whites (35 percent), non-Hispanic blacks (39 percent), and Hispanics (38 percent).
Diabetes drugs are the preferred option of doctors and patients because — let’s face it — it’s much easier than changing your diet.
People don’t want to give up cookies, cakes, and crackers no matter how much it damages their health — not because they don’t have any willpower, but because that food is as addictive as cocaine and heroine.
However new evidence suggests that it may be more important than ever to break the junk food addiction and stop relying on Big Pharma’s products…
In a study conducted by the University College London, The University of Michigan, and Ann Arbor Veterans Affairs Hospital, it was found that, “for many people the benefits of taking diabetes medications are so small that they are outweighed by the minor harms and risks associated with treatment. The benefits of treatment decline with age and by age 75 the harms of most treatments are likely to outweigh any potential benefits.”
The following juice recipes will help to reverse your Type 2 diabetes from 1 week
1. Spinach and Celery Juice
3 Handfuls of spinach
1 green apple
1 cucumber (optional)
2 celery stalks with leaves
Wash and peel the carrot and green apple and remove the apple seeds. Juice the carrot and green apple together with spinach and celery.
Note: Spinach contains calcium, beta carotene, vitamins A and C, which provide multiple health benefits. Celery is rich in potassium and magnesium which are again so essential in the prevention and treatment of high blood pressure.Celery contains sodium and minerals that help to regulate blood pressure. Green apples contain mallic acid which helps in bringing down your sugar level.
2. Grape and Orange juice
1/2 cup fresh black grapes juice
3/4 cup finely chopped apples
1 cup finely chopped orange segments
4 tsp sugar substitute
2 tsp lemon juice
Combine the grape juice, apples, oranges, sugar substitute and lemon juice in a mixer and blend till smooth.
Divide the mixture equally into 4 individual glasses.
Pour ½ bottle of soda over it in each glass.
Note: Remember, natural is always better! besides this, grapes are also rich in antioxidants, cancer-fighting flavonoids and vitamin c. Not to forget that the apples and oranges their share of substance, flavor and nutrients to this drink, making it a pleasant surprise to your taste-buds and health!
Source and Reference: