Wild salmon offers many health benefits including omega 3 rich fats healthy for the heart and body. Salmon provides an excellent source of protein rich with amino acids good for mental health.
One of my favorite fool proof recipes is baked salmon seasoned with organic butter, sea salt, black pepper, thyme and lots of basil. I make this weekly due to its simplicity, health benefits and delicious taste. It goes well with a variety of sides including soups, salads, vegetables and pasta.
- Wild salmon cut into 1/4 to 1/2 lb. serving pieces
- pastured, organic butter
- sea salt
- black pepper
- Set oven for 350 or 375 degrees.
- Place fresh, wild salmon, cut into 1/4 to 1/2 lb serving sizes onto lightly oiled stainless steel baking tray or broiler pan. Use coconut oil or butter for oiling pan.
- Place small pieces of butter on salmon
- Top with sea salt, black pepper and thyme. Season heavily with basil.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes. Check for preferred cooking level. Bake longer if desired.
- Enjoy a quick, easy main dish!