Cracked heels are a common and inconvenient problem for most people. Almost everyone has suffered from this problem, with the severity ranging from mild inconvenience to bleeding heels. Dry heels are caused by a lack of moisture in your feet. It can also be caused by a vitamin deficiency, which generally occurs due to an improper diet. If you’ve been struggling with dry, cracked heels, don’t fret, we’ve got just the thing for you. Below we’ve listed seven easy ways to help you heal your cracked heels.
1. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is renowned for its many benefits for hair and skin. It is also a perfect remedy for dry, cracked heels. It is antimicrobial and antifungal in nature. To repair cracked heels, do the following.
1. Soak your feet in warm water and scrub them.
2. Once they have dried, apply coconut oil to the dry and cracked areas.
3. Wear clean cotton socks. Keep them on overnight.
4. Repeat this process till you find relief from cracked heels.
Lemons are known for their acidic property, which softens rough and abrasive skin.
1. Soak your feet in warm water with lemon juice for at least 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Scrub your feet thoroughly with a loofah.
3. Dry your feet.
3. Vegetable Oil
Vegetable oil is not the first thing you think of when you think of cracked feet. However, you’d be surprised at how effective it can be.
1. Wash your feet with warm water and dry them off with a clean towel.
2. Apply vegetable oil to the cracked areas of your feet.
3. Put clean socks on and leave them on overnight. Wash your feet in the morning.
4. Glycerin And Rosewater
Rosewater comes packed with vitamins C, D, and A. It is also a natural disinfectant with anti-inflammatory properties. Glycerin is a staple in most cosmetics due to its softening effect that also leads to glowing skin.
1. In a bowl, mix equal portions of glycerin and rosewater.
2. Rub it on your heels before going to bed and wash it off in the morning.
5. Neem Or Indian Lilac
This is another natural remedy that offers a whole lot of benefits. It helps fight infections and is anti-fungal in nature. It also helps soothe dry skin.
1. Grind a few neem leaves with a little turmeric powder until it forms a smooth paste.
2. Apply on the affected areas and leave it on for at least 30 minutes.
3. Wash it with warm water and dry thoroughly.
6. Milk And Honey
Milk and honey is a popular combination when it comes to skin care. Milk nourishes the skin while honey adds softness and vibrancy to the skin.
1. Combine two portions milk with one portion honey. Pour this into a bowl and soak your feet in it.
2. Allow them to soak for up to 20 minutes.
3. Once done, rinse your feet with warm water and dry.
White vinegar is another ingredient that has multiple benefits. It has acidic properties that make skin soft and supple. It is thus an effective remedy for dry and cracked skin.
1. In a tub, add a quarter cup of vinegar to water.
2. You can also add an essential oil if you want.
3. Soak your feet in the water for up to 15 minutes, and then, scrub them.
4. Rinse your feet and dry them.
There are plenty of cosmetics and other artificial substances that claim to heal cracked heels. However, they are not always effective and can be expensive. Instead of investing in them, try these easy homemade solutions that are sure to help treat your problem. What are you waiting for? Try them out today.