Fact or myth??
It’s a FACT!
Hypertension, and type 2 diabetes causes many degenerative diseases like dementia. Statistically speaking, the dementia patients are approximately 47.5 million currently, all around the world. The number is estimated to rise to 75.6 million by the year 2030, and will continue to grow by 2050 to more than 135.5 millions in number.
Now coming to the research part. Why hypertension, and diabetes type 2 leads to brain shrinkage, cognitive decline, and dementia.
According to Mayo Clinic study, published in online journal “Neurology.” The middle aged people with high blood pressure, and raised blood sugar level showed signs of developing dementia later in their lives.
Which is also supported by a study results presented at the 2015, European Association for diabetes conference by the study researchers. According to this study 350,000 diabetics were studied from 2004 to 2012. The subjects were mostly 67 years old with no signs of dementia, then. But by the end of the study, most of them had developed dementia or had died.
The study concluded that the elevated reading for the sugar test hemoglobin A1C increased formation of dementia by 50%. And, which can be prevented in youngsters by better management of blood sugar level.
Kiran’s General Recommendations against the Formation of Dementia:
- I recommend you to do 30 minutes of exercise daily. It can be any aerobic exercise ranging from cycling, jogging, brisk walk to swimming. As exercise is best against the declining cognitive function.
- Eat healthy, cognition-increasing diet like leafy greens, and cruciferous vegetables. Good fats like omega 3 https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-athletes-way/201403/high-blood-pressure-and-diabetes-linked-cognitive-declinepresent in olive oil, coconut oil, oily fishes, sunflower or pumpkin seeds, and avocados. Try to incorporate anti-inflammatory spices like turmeric in your diet daily.
- Keep healthy social support system. Be it friends or family.
- Do mental activity like learning new languages or playing video games or solving puzzles or acquiring more education, and vice versa.
- I also recommend you to take vitamin B12, D3 and Fish oil supplements rich in DHA and EPA.
Kiran’s Special Recommendations for Hypertensive, and type 2 Diabetics:
Also, keep your blood sugar normal by following a low glycemic diet, and by taking supplements like Alpha lipoic acid, chromium, and omega 3 fatty acids.
And also keeping your hypertension at check by taking Dash diet, and supplements like coenzyme Q 10, D3 vitamin, and magnesium.
My special, and general recommendations plays a vital role in preventing dementia, and boosting your cognitive skills.
All the best!
In the end, I would like my readers to be informed that I have published my new book namely, “Your Guide to Good Health.’ It’s available on the previous hyperlink, do buy to get the basic health coaching required for great health!