Why do so many people in the world suffer from neck and back pain?
If you are one of the few millions of people worldwide who suffer from extreme back and neck pain, then the cause, most likely, is your poor posture and sedentary lifestyle. Most of us earn our money by sitting in front of the computers for long periods of time. If you have a soft chair under your bottom, the body tends to slump down involuntarily into it. Over time, this poor posture is adopted by the body leading to permanent stretching of muscles and ligaments of the back. This causes stiffness and pain in the joints. One thing you can do is use a sturdy and comfortable chair while working. However, that alone is not the best way to improve your posture in order to save your back and neck. You also need to sit, stand and work correctly while keeping the head and neck in a neutral position. In most cases- people are unable to adopt this proper posture and the only thing that can save their neck and back are posture correcting braces.
What are posture correctors?
Posture braces or orthotics are also called clavicle braces. They come in different shapes colors and sizes and may be designed for men, women and even children. They are the best methods of improving posture problems such as rounded shoulders caused by injuries or incorrect posture at work. Posture corrector braces may be made from different materials such as elastic, cotton, nylon, molded plastic or even rubber. They can be worn over any section of the spine- including the cervical, lumbar and other areas where pain may be present.
How can posture correctors help you?
Posture corrector braces are typically recommended in case of scoliosis which is the curvature combined with rotation of the spine. The braces are also suitable for use in osteoarthritis patients. To prevent the curvature from worsening due to age and continued incorrect posture, such braces may be recommended. These dynamic braces help you in several ways:
- They stabilize the spine’s curvature and provide stability to the back and neck.
- They preserve body movement and normal activities in day to day life.
- They reduce back and neck pain by limiting movement.
- They strengthen muscles and improve posture in osteoarthritis patients.
- The help reduce risk of falls by correcting body’s balance.
A good posture corrector brace can be worn comfortably and easily underneath or over one’s clothing without affecting your style.
How to choose a posture corrector?
There are many factors to consider when selecting posture corrector braces:
- Quality– The brace should be ultra comfortable to be worn for a few minutes or even up to 8-10 hours each day.
- Style– This feature is essential to be considered if you plan on wearing the brace over your regular clothing. Looks and style should not be the only factor when considering posture correctors. The brace should do what it is designed to do. For this reason, it is best to wear it underneath the clothes.
- Cost– More expensive braces do not necessarily indicate higher quality. Likewise, cheaper braces may not be able to comfortably stabilize your neck and back; the quality of material used could even lead to skin problems that you do not want to encounter. So, buy a brace which is affordable and at the same time, made with quality materials that provide comfort and support.
- Size– Braces come in different shapes and sizes. Non adjustable, one-size-fit-all braces could cause intense discomfort. So, it is important to check out different sizes and make an informed choice. If you plan on buying braces online, make sure you select one with a good return-refund policy.
A good supportive posture corrector brace can help stabilize your back and neck, improve body posture and get you moving. Choose a posture corrector brace that has all these features and comes with added ones like excellent customer service, adjustability and ease of returns when applicable.