For hundreds of years, Asians have used black seeds to create black seed oil. The oil became useful as a natural remedy for treating several common health conditions naturally. This is because the oil contains several medicinal properties that are healing to the body.
What is Nigella Sativa?
Nigella Sative is a delicate flowering white and blue plant that grows in southwest Asia. The beautiful plant can have up to ten flower petals before it produces a fruit. Then, the fruit is harvested and the seeds are removed from it and used to create black cumin spice and black seed oil. Black seed oil is commonly used the most because of how it treats various health conditions naturally.
What are the health benefits of black seed oil?
- Black seed oil is effective at treating many common health conditions because it contains antioxidants, anti-inflammatory properties and antibacterial and viral properties.
- The oil also acts as a natural pain reliever and digestive aid. It can even be used to calm allergies due to its natural ability to block histamines within the body.
- Females use the oil to help promote menstruation if their cycle is late and new moms use the remedy to help increase milk production for easier breastfeeding.
- During cold and flu season, the oil is useful for making warm teas to help prevent the common cold and flu from occurring, but the oil is also fantastic for relieving cold and flu symptoms as well if you do become ill.
- Black seed oil is also helpful when it comes to relieving muscle cramps and spasms because it contains a medicinal component in it that helps calm the muscle down so it can be at rest.
- Those of you who suffer from insomnia can find relief by simply taking a teaspoon of the oil in a glass of water before bedtime.
- Black seed oil has been known to act as a natural sedative. The sedative properties in this remedy also make it useful for treating toothaches, back pains, headaches and body aches due to illness.
Where can black seed oil be found?
You can find the oil at local health food stores and herbal shops. However, it is commonly made by hand from the fruits that come from the Nigella Sativa plant. This is because the oil contains the most potent medicinal properties in it when it is freshly made by hand. Those potent medicinal properties are essential for healing the body properly from troublesome ailments. However, if you do not have the luxury of making the oil yourself, just make sure you purchase organic pure black seed oil instead and that should be potent enough.
How can black seed oil be used?
You can use the oil in several different ways.
- For treating an ailment inside the body, you can add a few drops of the oil to juice, water or an herbal tea and drink it down.
- If you want to use black oil externally for treating a wound, wart or small skin infection, simply apply a few drops of the oil to the infected area.
- If you’re trying to treat skin problems such as eczema or hives it is best to add a few drops of the oil to a hot bath and soak in it.
The next time you are dealing with a common health ailment , black seed oil might be the remedy that can help relieve your condition naturally. However, it is best to speak with a doctor before using this remedy to ensure it is safe and appropriate for you.
More from Alex Jordon: