The title of this article has a double meaning –
- Antioxidants have been around naturally for centuries and will always exist.
- Antioxidants have anti-aging properties that help you stay younger longer!
Antioxidants For Detoxifying the Body
Why wouldn’t you want to latch onto this powerful, natural source of strength and well being? Antioxidants are well known for detoxifying the body of environmental chemicals which are very harmful.
Fruits and vegetables and even some legumes are well known for their antioxidant properties. There are also a variety of supplements available that help you to boost antioxidant levels as well, such as alpha lipoic acid and glutathione.
Quitting Caffeine With Antioxidants!
Caffeine just isn’t enough anymore to increase energy levels, and can actually cause you to be more tired in the long run. Caffeine consumption affects deep sleep and if you aren’t sleeping deeply enough, then your energy levels will automatically decrease over time.
Detox your body with antioxidants and quitting coffee and energy drink consumption will be as easy as pie. With healthier drinking and eating, you will feel full of life and natural energy!
What To Eat (and Drink)?
Let’s cut to the chase so you can start cutting and eating those fruits and veggies right away. Don’t just talk about it – walk the walk, and stay young and vibrant by simply eating what’s good for you and your body (and beautiful soul).
- Berries – Strawberries, blueberries, cherries, raspberries, and blackberries have lots of antioxidant vitamins such as Vitamin C and they also have phenols and anthocyanins which are great for inflammation relief and contain anti-cancer benefits.
- Broccoli – This super food not only has antioxidants, but it also has fiber and protein along with many vitamins and minerals. Add some cheese for extra protein and calcium and you have a fabulous, all around healthy side dish.
- Watermelon – Red foods have plenty of antioxidants and are great for the skin as well as hydration purposes. Watermelon is no exception, but can contain high amounts of natural sugar, so if you are diabetic or are trying to watch your weight, make sure to portion your watermelon slices accordingly.
- Spinach – If you are a vegetarian or are simply trying to cut red meat out of your diet, spinach is the best vegetable for you. It has high amounts of iron, protein, and you guessed it – antioxidants. If you aren’t privy to steamed or boiled spinach, add some lemon juice, or make some spinach dip. There are plenty of spinach dip recipes online, and are very yummy!
- Lentils – This Italian bean is not highly preferred by many, and can take some getting used to. Mixing it with pasta or other beans is usually the way to go. If you are going the gluten free route, then add a few spices, some vegetables, and you won’t be sorry. Not only do they contain plenty of antioxidants, but they have a high PH level. When your body has a higher PH level, you will naturally have more energy and feel like a million dollars.
More from Alex Jordon: