Many people love to add wheatgrass shots to their daily diets, and for good reason. Wheatgrass is a powerful detoxifying agent, and it is completely natural. Even better, wheatgrass has been around for hundreds of years.
Taking in just one ounce of wheatgrass a day is equivalent in nutritional value to eating more than 2 pounds of leafy green vegetables! Wheatgrass can suppress the appetite, reduce body odor, prevent preventing cancer, and more. Packed with minerals, potassium, calcium, and amino acids, wheat grass can really fortify your diet.
Here are some great reasons to add wheatgrass to your diet:
1) Appetite Suppression: Drinking a wheatgrass shot every morning can suppress your appetite because it is packed with nutrients. This helps your body compensate, and make for any vitamins and minerals it might be lacking. Start your day off with a wheatgrass shot first thing, on an empty stomach, to prevent overeating. You will find that your appetite is not only suppressed but that you that may lose weight, too.
2) Stimulates Circulation: Poor circulation? Wheatgrass can help! A shot each day will stimulate your circulation by increasing the amount of oxygen in your blood.
3) Improves Digestion: Wheatgrass can relieve both heartburn and indigestion because it is packed with vitamin B and amino acids as well as enzymes. And if you have IBS, again, a wheatgrass shot will help with the pain. In fact, wheatgrass can help cleanse your bowels as well.
4) Cure Bad Breath: Wheatgrass shots are a natural way to cure bad breath. Drinking these shots regularly will wash toxins from the mouth as well as the body, and can actually get rid of body odor, too.
5) Get Rid of Arthritis Pain: Wheatgrass has been shown to be effective in treating arthritis. Wheatgrass contains chlorophyll which is thought to benefit those who have arthritis. Chlorophyll fights inflammation, which can cause joint pain. Again, a shot each day can aid in this chronic pain.
6) Reduce Fatigue: Fatigue occurs when the body is deprived of rest and suffers from a weakened immune system. The chlorophyll in wheatgrass helps to increase oxygen supply in the body’s cells and tissues, which will contribute to cell regeneration and heal the body and reduce fatigue.
7) Treat Sunburn: Wheatgrass can actually accelerate the healing process of sunburn. Simply soak a cotton ball in wheatgrass and apply it to the sunburned area. Let it sit on the skin for a few minutes and then rinse.
8) Clear Sinus Congestion: To clear sinus congestion, simply drink or inhale wheatgrass. Drink a shot of wheatgrass when you feel sinus congestion or inhale some through your nose to help clear the sinuses. This will pull the toxins and break up the mucus.