“How Cancer is Mainly Caused by The Intake of Acidic Food” This article explained why acidity has been linked to cancer, while the damaging effects of the acidity on your body are not only this. Acidic foods such as sugar, fried food, meat and trans fats tend to result in weight gain, joint pain and many other health issues. The good news is that you can make your body more alkaline easily by following some of these simple guides:
1. Drink a glass of fresh lemon water to start your day. A fresh lemon added to your water will make your purified drinking water more alkaline. Lemons may seem acidic, but in fact they have the opposite effect on your body.
2. Snack on chestnuts. Chestnuts are being considered as the most alkaline-forming nut, they are rich in magnesium, which help to balance out acidity in the body. And their high water content (more than 50 percent water) makes them as the low-fat, low-calorie nuts.
3. Use primarily olive oil instead of other types of vegetable oils as it is less acid-forming.
4. Choose your meat smartly. Eat fish instead of beef and chicken for less acid-forming protein.
5. Herbs and spices are good for your health and they can make your foods taste better as well. Add cinnamon, ginger root, peppermint, rosemary, lavender and other herbs and spices, they are all good alkalizers and detoxifiers for your body.
6. Normally, processed foods cause your body to become acidic, choose raw, fresh vegetables and fruits is a natural way to alkalize your body.
7. Rich your diet with foods that have a moderate to strong alkaline-forming effect, including:
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Vegetable juice
And avoid these foods which have a moderate to strong acid-forming effect:
- White sugar
- White vinegar
- Artificial sweeteners
More from Alex Jordon:
10 Secrets to Cut Down on Sugar