Watermelon is very tasty and useful, while many people may ignore that how much watermelon seeds may be useful for their health. Most of us remove and threw the seeds while eating watermelon, after reading this article, you will stop doing this. The main benefits of watermelon seeds are discussed below:
1. Watermelon seeds supply some of the essential amino acids including tryptophan, glutamic acids. Lysine plays important role in calcium absorption and formation of collgen and connective tissues in body. Arginine helps in improvement of body metabolism, cardio vascular system and sexual health.
2. Watermelon seeds are good source of dietary fibers – both insoluble and soluble fibers. It is helpful in smooth bowel movements and treatment of constipation.
3. Watermelon seeds are rich in magnesium which is responsible for normal heart functioning, promoting normal blood pressure, supporting energy metabolism and protein synthesis.
4. Watermelon Seeds have been traditionally used in curing edema. As home remedy for curing edema, a teaspoon of dry ground watermelon seed powder is consumed with honey.
Also, drink 3 cups watermelon juice a day is working too, as watermelon has diuretic properties.
5. Watermelon seed tea made from boiling 2-3 teaspoons of watermelon seeds in 2-3 cups of water for about 30-45 minutes. This decoction is belived to control blood sugar level and check diabetes.
6. Research published in European Journal of Medicinal Plants suggests benefits of watermelon seeds in treating prostate enlargement.
It is necessary to take two tablespoons of dried and powdered seeds of watermelon and pour over them a pint of boiling water. After half an hour, this drink should immediately be consumed and you’ll need to drink this dose every day for a period of several weeks.
7. Water melon seed tea is traditionally considered as detox. It has been used to cleanse kidney and treat kidney disorders.
Make watermelon seed tea by pouring a pint of boiling water over a tablespoonful of watermelon seeds (ground or cut) and allow it to steep. Let it cool, then strain and drink three glasses per day.
Of course, watermelon is packed with important nutrients as well: 10 Great Reasons to Eat Watermelon This Summer