For a small berry, Goji Berries are packed with amazing compounds that fight disease naturally. Regarded as a food of healing within traditional Chinese medicine for more than 5,000 years, goji berries are deemed as a tonic for the kidneys, liver and eyes, within ancient medical texts. Today, Goji Berries are known as one of the most nutrient-dense foods anywhere on Earth. We should all eat more Goji Berries.
These are 5 reasons to eat more Raw Organic Goji Berries on a regular basis:
- Enhance immunity. Nutrients found in Goji Berries, called Lycium barbarum polysaccharides, are known to strengthen the immune system. They share similar chemical structures to the compounds that stimulate the immune system that are found in Echinacea and maitake mushrooms.
- Anti-inflammatory properties. An anti-inflammatory agent with Goji Berries, called Beta-sitosterol, is known to help protect against heart disease, promote sexual health, and lower cholesterol. Beta-sitosterol has been utilized to treat a number of ailments and disorders, including asthma, fibromyalgia, hair loss, allergies, chronic fatigue syndrome, lupus, and rheumatoid arthritis. It is a plant substance similar to cholesterol that appears to lower cholesterol levels by limiting the amount of cholesterol that can enter the body.
- Protects your eyes. A compound that is related to vitamin A that is known to protect the retina of the eye, called Zeaxanthin, is found in Goji berries. In fact, they are one of the richest plant sources for this compound. Aside from preventing macular degeneration (related to age), or the degeneration of retina, zeaxanthin protects the body from free radicals and their damaging effects, which are molecules that play a role in many diseases and destroy cells within the body.
- Vitamin-rich, naturally. Goji Berries contain more vitamin C than an orange, more iron than steak, and more beta-carotene than carrots. In addition, Goji Berries are a great source of B vitamins like as riboflavin, niacin and thiamin. They also contain large amounts of vitamin E.
- Promotes muscle growth. Goji Berries contain a total of 18 amino acids, which include all eight essential amino acids. For daily protein requirements, this makes them an ideal choice.
Try Raw Organic Goji Berries. Your body will thank you.
Want to eat more Goji Berries in your diet? Make an easy raw food breakfast by mixing raw oats, goji berries, fresh berries, slivered almonds, and coconut flakes, and moisten the whole mixture with pomegranate juice. Mmm.