If you are a coffee lover, it is most likely that you’re hardly going to need more encouragement to drink more of that liquid gold! But just in case your coffee addiction needed a little motivation boost, here are some of the top health benefits of drinking coffee!
1. Drinking Coffee Could Help You Lose Weight
Have you been trying several types of diet plans? If yes, then you should consider adding coffee to your weight loss attempt. This is because caffeine, which can be found in nearly every fat burning supplement, is among the natural substances that have been seen to aid in fat burning.
Studies show that caffeine could boost a person’s metabolic rate by about 3 to 11 percent. In addition, this natural substance can increase a person’s ability to burn fat by as much as 10 percent in obese individuals, and 29 percent in lean people. It is possible, however, that these effects would gradually diminish in long-term coffee drinkers.
2. Drinking Coffee Could Help Boost Adrenaline Levels
Caffeine has the ability to stimulate the nervous system, helping it send signals to the body’s cellulites or fat cells and break down body fat. The body fat is then released into the blood as free fatty acids, which the body can use as fuel. This natural substance can also increase a person’s Epinephrine, or Adrenaline, levels in the blood. This hormone is essential in preparing the human body for an intense physical exertion, something that athletes need to excel in sports.
Given these facts, it is no longer surprising that caffeine can improve a person’s physical performance by about 11 to 12 percent, on average.
3. Drinking Coffee Could Make You Smarter
As mentioned earlier, caffeine can help people gain more energy and feel less tired. Coffee contains this natural substance, which is considered the world’s most commonly consumed psychoactive substance. Consuming caffeine allows the body to block Adenosine, an inhibitory neurotransmitter. Other neurotransmitters would then be activated, such as dopamine and norepinephrine, giving your body more energy to get through the day.
Simply put, coffee can improve several functions of the brain, such as mood, memory, energy, vigilance, and critical thinking.
4. Drinking Coffee Could Improve Your Power Naps
Power naps are essential in maintaining the body’s productivity. Without it, you tend to feel sluggish and think more slowly than usual. Taking a 20-minute power nap can already give you enough energy to efficiently accomplish all your remaining tasks. However, drinking coffee before taking a nap could further help you beat the afternoon slowdown. This would keep you energized for the rest of the day.
5. Drinking Coffee Could Provide You Massive Amount of Antioxidants
Coffee contains a massive amount of antioxidants. Aside from coffee, antioxidants can also be found in fruits and vegetables. This natural substance was discovered to have the ability to delay or prevent cell damage. It works by protecting the body’s cells from free radicals, preventing you from getting sick or looking old.
4 Ways to Power-Up Your Coffee
So now you know that drinking coffee in moderation might contribute to some handy health benefits. How about we take it a step further and power-up that coffee? Here’s 5 ways to make your coffee even healthier!
- Drink coffee after a meal – Among their 9 tips for making your coffee healthier, EspressoMachines.club recommends consuming your coffee after a meal. Caffeine can stimulate your pancreas to release insulin, which breaks down sugar in your blood stream and can cause a drop in blood sugar levels and making you feel flat. Eating a meal prior to coffee can help to moderate this blood sugar response so you get all the benefits of the coffee, minus the energy lull.
- Add some cocoa powder – Cocoa powder is full of antioxidants, minerals and vitamins. Try adding in some unsweetened cocoa powder to your next meal for a shot of goodness!
- Try cinnamon – If you like your coffee sweet, it’s likely that you’re adding juuuust a little bit of sugar to each cup. Substituting sugar for cinnamon can save you around 70 calories per cup. Add that up over days, weeks and months and there’s some serious calorie savings there.
- Add some butter – The butter coffee revolution is in full swing and it’d be no surprise if you’ve already heard of this health tip. The rationale for adding butter to coffee is that the butter provides a source of stable energy source that can help you through your day. Just make sure the butter is derived from the milk of grass-fed cows.