Several toothpastes on the market do more harm to your overall oral care than you think. Instead, making and using homemade toothpaste is safer and much better for your teeth, gums and tongue. Most importantly, handmade toothpastes have ingredients in them that help prevent bad breath, gum disease and cavities. They also seem to help whiten and polish up teeth too. If you are in need of some homemade toothpaste recipes to help brighten up your smile, there are a handful of them below to make up and use now.
#1 Cinnamon Mint
Homemade cinnamon mint toothpaste requires
- a teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- a teaspoon of finely ground sea salt
- 10 to 15 drops of pure essential peppermint oil
Once you have all your dry ingredients, place them into a small mixing bowl and add in about a teaspoon of water. Then, combine the ingredients together to create a cinnamon mint paste. If you find the pasta is too dry and gritty you can add in more water. After it is made, simply dip your toothbrush into the paste and brush your teeth with it.
#2 Spearmint Fresh
Anytime you want spearmint toothpaste, which is fresh and clean feeling, combine
- a few tablespoons of bentonite clay powder with
- a few tablespoons of melted coconut oil and
- 10 drops of spearmint oil until it forms a greenish looking paste.
Then, add some onto your toothbrush and brush those teeth until they feel squeaky clean and your breath feels fresh.
#3 Classic Peppermint
If you are one of those people who loves classic peppermint toothpaste all you need to do is mix together
- 10 drops of peppermint oil with
- a few teaspoons each of bentonite clay powder
- baking soda and
- melted coconut oil until you get a paste that smells and taste minty fresh.
Adjust the ingredients to achieve the thickness of paste you want. After, clean up your mouth by scooping up some of the paste with your toothbrush and brushing your entire mouth with this remedy. This remedy is also good for whitening the teeth and removing plaque build up.
#4 Cinnamon Clove
Creating a warming cinnamon clove toothpaste to help ease sensitivity in teeth and to relieve a toothache can come in handy. To create this paste all you need to do is mix together
- a teaspoon of ground cinnamon with
- a ½ teaspoon of ground clove
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- a teaspoon of ground sea salt
- a few teaspoons of bentonite clay powder
- 5 drops of cinnamon oil
- a 2 to 3 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
Once you have created a paste, use it to brush your teeth and ease the sensitivity away naturally.
#5 Citrus Spice
For those of you who do not like mint or cinnamon toothpaste, a homemade citrus spice one might be a better choice. To create a citrus spice paste simply combine
- 10 drops of sweet citrus oil with
- a pinch of ground allspice
- 5 drops of clove oil
- a tablespoon of bentonite clay powder and
- a teaspoon or two of aloe juice in a small dish until you have a paste like texture.
After, brush your teeth with the remedy to help kill bad breath and polish up your teeth for a whiter brighter smile.
Creating a homemade toothpaste is easy, and as you have learned, only a few ingredients are needed. With this bit of information, you should be able to keep your oral health top notch and your pearly whites shining bright and free from cavities.