Everywhere you turn there’s another diet or nutrition tip. But here’s an easy one. Add some coconut to your diet. Coconut oil can help
- aid in digestion
- relieve stress
- strengthen immunity
- combat high sugar levels
- maintain healthy skin and hair
An average coconut has about
- 50% water
- 35% coconut oil
- 10% carbohydrates
- 3.5% protein
One glass of coconut water can work as a quick fix for an instant energy while also keeping you hydrated.
How it will help:
Coconut water has anti aging properties and can hydrate your skin. Also, since coconut water is so much lower in sugar than some fruit juices, it will not give you a sudden rush and then a crash. In general, coconut water boosts metabolism, which in turn helps you to burn fat. Drinking coconut water will also give you the feeling of being full despite having a low concentration of carbohydrates. This will help you lose weight.
Since coconut water contains magnesium and potassium it can help maintain healthy heart functioning. It also reduces the risk of heart attack and stroke. Another plus is that it has anti viral and anti bacterial properties that will strengthen your body’s immune system.
Overall, coconut water is good for the skin. It helps fight acne and other blemishes and is a cure for eczema. If applied overnight it will help clear your skin while also toning it. If put on your hair. Coconut water promotes hair growth and is effective against lice and dandruff. It moisturizes your hair and gives it a healthy shine.
As a final bonus, coconut water is a great home remedy for morning hangovers! Since it contains anti oxidants and electrolytes, it can treat hangovers.
So how do you go about adding coconut oil to your diet? It’s actually quite simple.
- Coconut Yogurt is a fairly new dairy free alternative. This is great for those who are lactose intolerant. This coconut yogurt offers a change from the soy varieties. Coconut yogurt is much higher in fat than both natural dairy yogurt and soy yogurts, but is much lower in carbohydrates.
- Coconut cream is a little thicker in consistency than coconut milk. It is used in the cooking industry and in drinks like the pina colada. As another bonus, it works well as a natural body, face, and hair mask. Coconut water is a highly hydrating fluid. It contains less sugar than fruit juices and is higher in minerals like potassium, sodium, magnesium, and calcium.
- Fresh coconut can be eaten as a snack itself. It is full of vitamins and minerals and can be incorporated easily into a smoothie.
- Coconut oil is becoming increasingly popular and can be used for roasting and baking. It is also used to maintain a lustrous shine for your hair.
- Coconut sugar can be used in place of traditional granulated sugar while baking. It is a heavier alternative, but it is still an energy dense food type so should only be used for special occasions.
Also read The Healing & Beautifying Benefits of Avocado Leave Tea and 6 Fruits & Vegetables Seeds You Should Not Throw Out