Lemon is a common, inexpensive, easily available and most widely used citrus fruit. Its characteristic flavour and refreshing smell make it a popular fruit for drinks. It is used in lemonade, soft drinks, cocktails and tea. It has a long list of benefits. In India, it is used as medicine for many health problems. Thus, lemon is a popular citrus fruit that can be used in various ways. It can be used with other beneficial ingredients like honey, salt, etc. to enhance its benefits.
How to make this
25 Reason Drinking Lemon Water in Morning With Empty Stomach
1. Lemon helps in protecting our body against the immune system deficiencies, as it is rich in vitamin C.
2. Drinking lemon water helps in maintaining the pH levels in the body.
3. Lemons acts as a powerful antibacterial as it contains pectin fibers which is beneficial for colon.
4. Drinking lemon water in morning empty stomach will helps in flush out of toxins.
5. Warm water with lemon helps digestion as lemon contains citric acid. It interacts with other enzymes and acids which easily stimulate the secretion of gastric juice and digestion.
6. The liver produces more enzymes from water with lemon than from any other food.
7. Water with lemon cleanses the liver. Lemon juice stimulates the liver to release toxins.
8. Water with Lemon helps fight infections of the respiratory tract, sore throats and inflammation of the tonsils. This is due to the anti-inflammatory properties of lemon.
9. Lemon contains great source of calcium, magnesium, potassium, citric acid, phosphorus and etc.
10. Drinking lemon water helps in preventing the multiplication and growth of pathogenic bacteria that causes disease and infections.
11. Water with lemon provides the body with electrolytes which hydrate your body. As lemons contain good amount of electrolytes such as potassium, calcium and magnesium.
12. Water with lemon is good for the joints, reducing pain in the joints and muscles.
13. Water with lemon helps with weight loss. Lemons contain pectin fiber, which helps suppress hunger cravings. Studies have proven people with a better alkaline diet have lost weight faster.
14. Water with lemon helps with tooth pain and gingivitis.
15. Water with lemon prevents cancer. This is due to the fact that lemons are a highly alkaline food. Multiple studies have found that cancer cannot thrive in an alkaline environment.
16. Warm water with lemon helps regulate natural bowel movement.
17. Our immune system protects our body by combating illness. Weak immune system makes our body susceptible to illness and infections. Warm lemon water has anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties which fight harmful bacteria, fungus, and virus that cause diseases and infections. Its antioxidant property helps eliminate toxins from the body.
18. Water with lemon aids in proper functioning of the nervous system (as lemon has a high content of potassium). Depression and anxiety are often the result of low levels of potassium in the blood. The nervous system needs a sufficient amount of potassium to ensure sustainable signals to the heart.
19. Water with lemon can help lower blood pressure. A daily intake of one lemon can reduce high blood pressure by 10%.
20. Water with lemon creates an alkalizing effect in the body. Even if you drink it immediately before a meal, it can help your body maintain a higher level of pH. The higher the pH, the more your body is able to fight diseases.
21. Water with lemon is good for the skin. Vitamin C in lemon, improves our skin by rejuvenating the body. Drinking water with lemon regularly (every morning) will improve the condition of your skin.
22. Water with lemon helps to dilute uric acid, the built up of which leads to pain in the joints and gout.
23. Water with lemon is beneficial for pregnant women. Since lemons are loaded with Vitamin C, it acts as an adaptogen helping the body cope with viruses such as colds. Furthermore, vitamin C helps the formation of bone tissue of the unborn baby. At the same time, due to the high content of potassium, a mixture of water with lemon helps forming cells of the brain and nervous system of the baby.
24. Water with lemon relieves heartburn. For this, mix a teaspoon of lemon juice in half a glass of water.
25. Water with lemon helps dissolve gallstones, kidney stones, pancreatic stones, and calcium deposits.