There is no doubt that turmeric is one of the most useful plants in the world. It has been used for long time to fight diseases and promote health conditions due to its medicinal properties. You will know how amazing of turmeric is after knowing the detailed information about its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, it even fights diseases like Alzheimer’s and cancers.
While you have to consume turmeric properly to get the full benefits of it. If you think simply eating it is enough, then you’re wrong, even you’re still can get some benefits from it. Because turmeric is fat-soluble, means it doesn’t fully dissolve unless it is in fat.
So the rule is: In order to make the most of turmeric, you have to take it with a bit of fat.
Following are two turmeric smoothie recipes that will help the curcumin to be better absorbed by the body to get its full positive benefits for your health:
A Spicy Tropical Smoothie
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
- 1 banana
- 1/2 teaspoon each of ground turmeric, ginger and cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- A little raw honey to taste
Place all of these ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Drink it.
The fat in coconut milk and the key chemical piperine in black pepper are both promoting the absorption of curcumin by the body. It’s suggested to drink it after a meal, as it also aids digestion due to the benefits of pineapple.
- 1 cup green tea
- 1 cup berries (blueberries or cranberries, choose which you like)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon each of ground turmeric and ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground chia seeds
Put all of them in a blender and process until smooth. Drink immediately. Green tea, berries and coconut oil all help for better curcumin absorption by the body. And the anti-inflammatory properties of the ingredients in this smoothie makes it super good for you to fight against many diseases.
1. “8 Powerful Healing Food Combinations to Fight Cancer, Reduce Cholesterol and Prevent Heart Attacks” HealthyAndNaturlWorld.
2. “Are Pineapples Good for Digestion?” jillianmichaels