Being the Best You Possible
Are you always working towards being the best you possible? Many people in the craziness of their daily grind forget to strive for excellence (or even mediocrity) and just settle for getting through another day. Here are some tips to continuing your journey of discovering and being the best you can be.
1. Master the Art of Listening. Spend today developing your listening skills. When you really listen and show interest in another person’s story, opinion, troubles or joys, you will expand and grow. People love to be heard and to feel like someone is genuinely interested in what they have to say. Rather than talking about yourself, make the conversation all about the other person. Observe how this changes everything!
2. Fast from negativity and complaining. It is amazing how easy it is to fall into the habit of feeling the need to rehash every little hardship with people throughout the day. This just causes us to relive a problem over and over and steeps us in negative emotions. Life is challenging and can make us better or bitter. You get to decide which one.
3. Develop a grateful attitude, remember to be grateful for the little and the big things in your life. It really helps to write them down in a journal at the end of the day. This single exercise can be a huge game changer. What you focus on expands, so gather up a bouquet of things to be grateful for and write them down. This exercise will bring even more blessings your way especially as you train yourself to be looking for the good.
4. When challenges come your way, try to immediately find something really funny about the situation. Laughter goes a long way in chasing away negative emotions. Next, immediately ask yourself “What’s great about this.” You will be amazed at how creative you can get at finding the silver lining in a setback, challenge or problem if you are looking for it. This one really helps in being the best you possible.
5. Show your grin. Laughing, smiling and expressing joy should be a big part of your day. Your great attitude will be a magnet attracting others to your contagious smile.
6. Try to spend your time doing what you love not merely making a living. When you can get paid to do what you love to do, your whole world will be filled with deep satisfaction. If you are not currently in this situation, consider a life/success coach to help you make this transition.
7. Serve others and be humble. If you are always thinking about yourself and your own desires, you will be missing out on the great gift of serving others. No greater love has he who lays his life down for another. Helping a friend or stranger in need can help you grow by leaps and bounds.
8. Honesty really is the best policy. If you are honest with yourself and others, you will have nothing to hide.
9. Learn how to relax and let your hair down. Dance in the kitchen, in the rain or anywhere you feel like dancing! Being the best you possible should feel spontaneous and very freeing.
10. Don’t live in the “if only” mode that says, if only I had a better car, a bigger house, a different spouse, smaller waistline then I can be truly happy. Strive to live a balance between contentment in your current situation while simultaneously striving for excellence and growth.
11. Strive to do or learn something new every single day. You will never be bored or stuck and you will continue to grow.
12. Be good to yourself (in a humble and not self-obsessed kinda way). Feed your mind, your body and your soul. Love yourself and treat yourself as the beautiful, unrepeatable, one of a kind masterpiece that you are.
Many of these ideas come from the Baglady’s Guide to Elegant Living: Learn to Love the Life You Have.
Maybe you feel trapped by the life you are living.
Or, possibly you have just lost your sparkle.
If so, the BagLady is someone you need to meet. A contemporary and empowering story, The BagLady’s Guide to Elegant Living is a universally appealing fable that inspires you to become more conscious in your approach to daily life. At its center is Angela, a woman who has lost it all—her husband, her career, and her passion for greeting each day—and Rose, a mysterious baglady who appears by chance . . . or by fate. As their unlikely friendship blossoms, Rose will lead Angela on a path to find joy and inner peace.
Simple and insightful, this book will propel you on a journey of self-discovery, resulting in a richer and more meaningful life
Sandy J. Duncan
Visit our Healthy Living Blog
It would be a random act of kindness to share this post:
Being the Best You Possible!