In today’s world we are constantly bombarded with air pollution, environmental problems such as oil spills and fracking, chemical spills, nuclear dangers and even every day chemicals in our shampoos, cleaners, toothpastes and the like.
With concerns over BPAs and GMOs, everyone is worried about our body’s ability to store these chemicals. It is possible for our bodies to become overloaded with toxins, and some of the effects are irritability, sleepless nights, weight gain, depression, or even skin problems like break outs.
If you are suffering from any of these symptoms and want to rid your body of toxins, there are some things you can do. Follow these simple steps and reverse the toxin overload today:
1) Beets are a great way to detox the body and add important nutrients to the liver and the gallbladder. High in vitamin B3, B6, C and beta-carotene, beets help detoxify the body, as the nutrients help to improve elimination. Not a fan of the vegetable? Try beet juice or dried beets, which taste almost like candy!
2) Drinking purified water is a simple way to detoxify the body. Purified water can help the body excrete toxins through the urine and through the skin, via sweat.
3) Love a spa day? Give yourself a facial with kaolin powder clay. This can be purchased inexpensively and will draw toxins and pesticides from the body. If you have time, give your entire body a clay bath!
4) Activated charcoal can be consumed, safely, on a daily basis, when mixed with purified water. This will push the toxins from the body. Be sure not to consume more than 30 grams per day.
5) Avoiding meat and dairy are easy ways to prevent toxins from entering the body in the first place. This is an easy way to purify the body. A vegetarian or even vegan diet can go a long way to purifying the body.
6) Citrus contains pectin which is a detoxifying substance. It can remove metals from the body. Add a citrus fruit to your diet each day!
7) Adding extra fiber to the diet helps you flush toxins from the digestive system. Eating additional high fiber foods such as fruits, vegetables and whole grains can remove excess fat and toxins from the body will remove a load off the liver, allowing it to do its job a bit more easily.
8) Eat a handful of grapes every day, too. Grapes have flavanoids that help your liver burn fat instead of storing toxins in our fat cells. This is great on several levels–less fat and fewer toxins!
9) Eating garlic will also help detoxify the body by boosting the production of white blood cells. This also helps improve your immune system as well.
10) Another way to improve your immune system and detox the body is to increase your levels of vitamin C. Vitamin C will help reduce levels of radiation exposure.
11) Exercising and staying active will keep impurities out of the body, too. All you need is 30 minutes to an hour every day to bring oxygen-rich blood to the liver and kidneys, giving them support as they detoxify the body.
12) Finally, add turmeric to all of your recipes: or, at least all of your recipes that taste great with it. Turmeric supports the liver and helps with digestive disorders and is a wonderful detoxing agent. Plus, research shows that turmeric may help prevent certain cancers.
More articles from author: