Many of us would like to control the aging process, slow down the wrinkled look, the aches and pains of aging, the more rapid onset of diseases; but it is inevitable! That is what everyone tells you.
There is no such thing as old age! Right now, by applying the right nutrients, anti -oxidants and good energy thoughts we can achieve the natural longevity our body was built for.
Death by aging only accounts for 5% of deaths. All those diseases, pains, wrinkles or general “falling apart” feelings are caused by the processes of degeneration and inflammation in the body.
We can enhance the capacity of the body to resist disease, infections, injuries and slow inflammation when coping with stress. Give your body ways to eliminate the waste and poisons, help replenish living nutrients, and think more positive or creative thoughts! (We know negative emotions diminish the immune system).
Let’s review our general recommendations for increasing your natural longevity; then later in future articles we can follow up with more specific nutrients for natural longevity.
- Purchase a water filter; start with whatever you can afford, and then go up to a better filtration to neutralize chlorine, fluoride and all toxic chemicals and drugs that are being tossed into our water supply. Avoid long hot showers because they do deplete your body of minerals.
- Start using full spectrum lighting in your house; it slows down skin aging and stress levels, causes less fatigue, less dehydration and less depression.
- Limit time or at least take a few breaks daily from exposure to electromagnetic radiation! This includes phones, computers, T.V. and I-pads. Even excessive medical x-rays or scans cause degeneration of cells.
- Use cleaning products and your cosmetics from companies whose ingredients are all natural and non- toxic; none of those long names you can’t pronounce!
- Spend time outdoors, at least 15 minutes of sun per day. Do not worry about cancer exposure, your body needs natural sun, just limit the time and go before the sun is stronger before 10AM and after 4 PM.
- Get physical, aging is accelerated by lack of daily exercise, we need oxygen, and deep breathing helps. Start with simple walking, stretching or swimming before you begin more strenuous or physical activities. This is proven to increase natural longevity.
- Eat fresh, organic or as natural as you can fruits, vegetables and meats. Stay away from processed and pre-packaged products. Include herbs in your diet; many herbs are great for longevity like ginseng root, garlic, cayenne, and gotu kola.
- Cleanse or detox your body. Over the years; toxins, bacteria, and undigested waste matter has collected in our body, this stops us from absorbing the nutrients we need from our food. This can cause accelerated aging, skin problems, weight gain, and fatigue. Even if you simply cut back on food intake for a few weeks and drink lemon water daily it will make you feel much better to rid the body of some of the toxic matter!
- Meditate to help reduce stress; any prolonged stress causes inflammation and degeneration. Try yoga, tai-chi or prayer.
- Sleep well, use lavender or chamomile essential oil. Sleep is the body’s repair time; usually between 10pm to 2am.
So if you want to help prevent aging or slow down the inflammation or degeneration these suggestions will make a big difference in natural longevity of your life.
Live, laugh, forgive, seek peace, gratitude and thanks daily.
Here’s to looking good and long life!
Green Pharmacy guide to Healing Foods by James Duke