Disease is happiest when living in an acidic body. Fungi, bacteria and toxins multiply quickly and swim freely within – wreaking havoc in an acidic body. Nevertheless, the opposite is true for an alkaline body. Disease hates alkalinity – alkaline bodies are resilient, confident, healthy and strong enough to fight off negative invaders. So, in the battle of alkaline versus acidic, we should all want alkaline to win, however, that win is easier said that done because we are living in an highly acidic world. It is up to us to pay attention to how we care for our emotional and physical selves. Everything we do can affect our body’s PH level, causing the scale to tip from alkaline to acidic. Below are 10 ways to obtain and maintain an alkaline body.
10 Ways to Obtain and Maintain an Alkaline Body:
- Know your scale number: The first step to obtaining and maintaining an alkaline body is to determine what number your body is on the acid/alkaline scale. The acid/alkaline scale is numbered 0-14, the ideal number for every human being should be 7.3 – a 7.3 is slightly alkaline and is totally balanced. To determine your scale number, purchase PH strips or a PH meter and test either your urine or your saliva upon waking up.
- Eat Alkaline Foods: Everything that we put in our body has a scale number, the goal is to eat a surplus of alkaline and low acidic foods so that your body is influenced by its alkaline properties. Consult the alkaline/acidic food chart below.
- Manage your stress: Stress is one of the biggest culprits for encouraging internal acidity. Get in-touch with yourself – figure out what is causing you to stress and simply get rid of it.
- Ditch the un-foods: Un-foods are the over-processed edibles that occupy the grocery store freezers and shelves. There are healthier versions to snacks and convenience foods that are kinder to the PH balance, seek them out and ditch the yucky stuff.
- Develop a Zen attitude: You are what you think, so think happy, positive and healthy thoughts regardless of your current situation, and so it will be.
- Alternative therapies: Every single prescribed and over-the-counter medication is acidic, and while it may not be possible for you to stop taking your medication, you can always practice alternative therapies in union. Alternative therapies include acupuncture, cupping, meditation, massage, dry skin brushing and deep breathing. These alternative therapies possess healing abilities that can eradicate the need for medication.
- Detoxing: The body needs continual detoxing from the diets we keep and from the environmental pollutants that enter the bodies. Juicing regularly, hydrating with pure water and drinking natural detox tea are easy ways to help keep the body clean.
- Exercise: Exercising at least 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week can help release healthy endorphins, detoxe and revitalize the cells and organs.
- Use all natural everything: Ditch the chemical based cleaners and use varieties that contain only natural ingredients. Get rid of the conventional lotions, oils, cleaners and makeup that you put on your bodies – they contain petroleum, carcinogens and a host of other unreadables that can invade the body and create acidity. Only splatter your body with natural based products that promote health and beauty
- Enhance the air you breathe: Quit smoking if you do, and enhance the quality of your air by cleaning often and detoxing the air with houseplants and natural purifiers.