Excess belly fat is among the most common health and fitness problems of our time. Besides carrying the extra weight and not feeling like you’re looking your best, belly fat can heighten your risk of diabetes, heart disease, stroke, and more. Any simple solutions that can potentially cut down on belly fat are therefore quite welcome. Several of these shall be looked at briefly below.
- Drink plenty of lemon water. Early each morning, a half hour before you eat breakfast, squeeze fresh lemon into a glass of warm water and drink it. This will help your liver carry out its detoxification processes. When the liver is overloaded with toxins, it cannot contribute to fat metabolism like it normally does. Thus, aiding your liver at detox reduces the percentage of fat that goes straight to your belly.
- Drink cranberry juice. At least once a day, preferably just before meals, drink a full glass of unsweetened cranberry juice. You can dilute it in water, but make sure at least two tablespoons of cranberry concentrate are in each glass. The digestion-aiding enzymes present in cranberry are instrumental in clearing out fat build-up in your lymphatic system. The lymphatic system is second only to the liver in cleaning the waste out of your body, so boosting its productiveness with a daily dose of cranberry will have noticeable benefits.
- Use fish oil. Fish oil is high in omega-3 fatty acids, which help to break down other types of fat and reduce fat storage rates. Take one tablespoon daily or eat fish like salmon, mackerel, or tuna, which are high in omega-3.
- Drink ginger tea. Ginger is not only a digestive aid but also a thermogenic that increases body temperature. With a higher body temperature, you will naturally burn more fat. Just boil a piece of fresh ginger in a few cups of water. You can add in other ingredients, such as honey and lemon, if you wish.
- Eat a lot of hot peppers. The capsaicin in hot peppers, whether eaten raw, cooked, or powdered, has thermogenic effects. If you like spicy food and are looking to lose a little weight, you can kill two birds with one stone.
- Drink green tea. Not only is green tea immensely popular these days, but it is also incredibly healthy. One of its health benefits is that it boosts your metabolism, allowing your body to more easily burn off excess fat.
- Include lean meat in your diet. While too much fatty meat can make you gain weight, a moderate amount of lean meat will actually aid your weight loss efforts. Meat contains proteins that are more thermogenic than those found in vegetables. A higher percentage of meat calories are burned off during digestion than are vegetable calories.
- Use a lot of cinnamon. Cinnamon is also a thermogenic, so despite its deliciously sweet taste, it will tend to cut down on your body fat. Put it on oatmeal, bread, toast, coffee, tea, and more for great-tasting, highly healthy food.
- Try dandelion tea. Dandelion tea was once a well-loved drink, but it has fallen into disuse over the last generation or so. It seems to be making a come back, however, and it is certainly affordable. In fact, you can put those troublesome dandelions growing out in your front lawn to some practical usefulness. Dandelion is a natural diurectic that increases urine output and improves liver function. All that translates into potential fat loss, among other things.
- Eat garlic. Garlic’s virtues include the ability to inhibit fat-production in the body. If you eat it raw, it will yield even greater benefit!