What is peanut butter?
A food paste made mainly from ground dry roasted peanut (not a nut, but actually a legume) is known as Peanut butter. It is very popular in the United Kingdom, North America, Australia, the Netherlands and parts of Asia.
Health Essentials of Peanut Butter
Peanut butter is very good for your health. It might seem weird to call peanut butter a diet food, since it has 180 to 210 calories per serving. Because, it has the fortunate combination of fiber and protein, it fills up your stomach and keeps you feeling full for long time. It is also packed with other nutrition which are essential to keep us fit and healthy.
Since, peanut butter has 49 mg of bone-building magnesium, 0.17 mg of immunity-boosting vitamin B6, 3 mg of the powerful antioxidant vitamin E, and 208 mg of muscle and heart friendly potassium. Peanut butter is also packed with heart-healthy monounsaturated fat. You should know that if you are purchasing reduced-fat peanut butter just because you think it’s going to reduce your waistline, don’t make that mistake. The calories are the same and sometimes even a bit higher because extra ingredients are used to make up for the missing fat.
Top 10 Health Benefits of Peanut Butter That You Must Know
There are several health benefits of peanut butter. Below you will find 10 benefits that you must know about.
- Vitamin B6: Vitamin B6, also called pyridoxine, belongs to Vitamin B family. Vitamin B6 keeps our nervous system healthy and treats many severe medical conditions e.g. PMS (premenstrual syndrome), diabetes, asthma, acne, kidney stones, lungs cancer etc.
And, when you include peanut butter in your diet, you are going to receive 0.17 mg of vitamin B6. It might not be a major amount, but it can really help you out if you get ill often.
- Healthy fat: Peanut butter has significant amount of fat in it. And the kind of fat found is the good kind. It comes with healthier fats that are necessary for the body for staying active.
- Diet friendly: Peanut butter is diet friendly since it comes with healthy proteins and fats. Plus, after eating it one feels fuller and that means less craving for food.
- For sudden sugar level increase: Peanut butter is also good in helping to reduce down sudden increase in sugar level.
- Unsaturated fats: Your body needs good fats, so eat some kind of food item that has some unsaturated fats in it.
- Fiber: Another great thing about peanut butter is that it comes with good amount of fiber in it.
- Potassium: Potassium is an important mineral for our body because it
- Good amount of energy: Peanut butter helps in keeping you active for the whole day because 2 tablespoons (32grams) of peanut butter can charge you with 188 calories of energy.
- Protein: Protein is essential for you to stay healthy. And it requires approx 0.8gram for every kg of your weight. Therefore, if you weigh 64kgs, you may require around 51 to 52 grams of protein everyday to maintain your healthy weight. A spoon carrying 100 grams of peanut butter is a rich source of approx 24 to 25 grams of protein.
- Every Goodness: Peanut butter is a kind of food that can provide you with all the good things needed by your body.
Does it have Any Side Effect?
The most common side effect of peanut butter is allergic reactions. There might be a risk if the peanut butter is badly preserved.
Peanut butter is a tasty, delicious and nutrition filled paste perfect for a snack. It has numerous health benefits and helps you to stay in shape. Do you have something in your mind to share, please leave a comment?