If you suffer from dry nose, you probably know that although it is not a serious medical problem, it is extremely uncomfortable. If you do not treat it at its early stage, it can cause health risks. Sinus attacks, severe headaches, etc. are some of the problems you could face if you do not treat dry nose quickly.
Causes of dry nose
Dry nose can affect you due to a number of reasons, including dehydration, effects of air conditioners and side-effects of certain medicines. These dry nose causes can further result in:
- Irritation of the nose
In cases that are more severe, you can suffer from problems with your vision and difficulty in breathing. This is why it is important to take proper care of your nose, especially if you suffer from this irritating condition.
10 Top Home Remedies to Treat Dry Nose
Here are 10 of the most effective home remedies for the treatment of dry nose:
- Drink plenty of fluids: The tissues in your body dry up due to body fluid depletion. Making sure that you drink plenty of fluids every day will ensure that your nasal tissues function properly at all times. You should drink 8 to 10 glasses of water daily.
- Use petroleum jelly: For decades, petroleum jelly has been used for different purposes including healing skin conditions. You can get relief from dry nose by applying it with a Q-tip.
- Use a humidifier: Environmental dryness is a major cause of dry nose and makes your nose congested. A humidifier can do wonders in preventing and providing relief by adding moisture to your environment.
- Use almond oil: This oil has many benefits, one of which is providing relief dry nose. Mix almond oil with aloe vera gel and use a Q-tip to apply it to your nose.
- Try saline: A simple mixture of water and salt can be effective in treating dry nose. Use a homemade saline spray to gain relief from nasal congestion and dry nose.
- Use coconut oil: Applying coconut oil to your nostrils helps prevent nasal dryness and also provides relief from pain by filling in the gaps that are present between the cells in the nose.
- Sesame oil: Dry nose comes with pain and itchiness. You can use sesame oil mixed with the essential oil of chamomile to gain quick relief from the symptoms of dry nose.
- Steam: This home remedy works wonders in reducing congestion and relieving dry nose. Before inhaling steam, use a lubricant or moisturizer to gain better results.
- Avoid medication: If any congestion occurs when you take a medication prescribed by your doctor, let him know. Medicines can cause dryness of the nasal passage so make sure that you keep yourself well-hydrated at all times.
- Go for a sauna bath: Try regular sauna baths to give you relief from dry nose. Remember not to overdo it as you could end up with a leaky nose.
If you suffer from dry nose, try out these wonderful home remedies to treat the condition and stop it from becoming worse.
Read more useful natural home remedies: