“Busy as a bee”-this is an expression often used without realizing just how busy bees really are! They have to be one of the most hardworking living things on the planet! They build hives that are amazingly intricate and work hard to produce the sweet amber-colored honey that we love so much and is so full of goodness. Well, did you know that honey is not the only substance we get from honey? Although it has been known as a natural remedy for centuries, bee propolis, also known as bee glue, is now gaining recognition as a powerful substance with innumerable health benefits.
10 Magical Benefits of Bee Propolis for Health
Here is a brief look at 10 amazing ways that bee propolis benefits, health and how it can be used.
1. Eliminates bacteria: Tests have been conducted on the effects of propolis against harmful bacteria and it has been found that it can help in killing bacteria in the body. This substance is full of flavanoids which is believed to be the source of its anti-microbial properties.
2. Works as a natural antibiotic: Propolis is known to be a powerful antibiotic that is worlds better than the ones prescribed by physicians. Resistance to prescription antibiotics is a major problem due to its overuse, which is why a natural option is much more beneficial.
3. Treats minor burns: This substance is known to be an effective natural treatment for minor burns. It soothes the burned area better than conventional ointments and medications.
4. Inhibits growth of Candida: Bee propolis stimulates the immune system and prevents the growth of the fungus Candida albicans, which causes yeast infection.
5. Treats ear infections: Millions of kids, and adults, suffer from middle-ear infections annually. A propolis compound, known as caffeic acid phenethyl ester, has been tested and it has shown that it can effectively treat inflammation of the inner ear.
6. Treats bone diseases: Researchers have studied caffeic acid phenethyl ester and study results show that this compound can help immensely in the reversal or stopping of osteolytic bone diseases.
7. Eliminates colon cancer-causing cells: Tests on propolis have shown that it has anti-cancer properties. It has been found that colon cancer cells are killed by this substance through the process of necrosis. Unlike other cancer treatments, propolis does not kill healthy cells.
8. Treats herpes: Patients who suffer from vaginal herpes can benefit from bee propolis. It treats the disease and also helps in lowering the risk of developing advanced vaginal herpes.
9. Helps in dental care: Studies have shown that propolis has properties that are beneficial to dental health. It is considered an effective alternative to fluoride.
10. Treats nail infections: Due to its anti-microbial and anti-fungal properties, lab tests have shown that propolis can be used as a natural treatment for fungal nail infections. It has been found to be more effective than prescribed ointments or medications.
You can use bee propolis in its natural form or buy supplements. It is important to remember not to take too much of it due its high sugar content and always consult your doctor before you start using it especially if you are prone to allergies.
More articles from author: