Matcha green tea has a long history in Japanese culture. The powder is made from the chlorophyll-rich leaves that are handpicked, steamed, dried, and ground into a green high quality powder. But the most interesting thing, 1 cup matcha green tea has the same antioxidant levels as 10 cups of regular green tea!
Matcha’s antioxidant levels even beat superfoods like goji berries, pomegranates, dark chocolate, blueberries, and spinach with ease.
Here are 10 amazing benefits of matcha green tea in a nutshell:
- Antioxidant powerhouse
- Prevents aging and chronic disease
- Energy booster
- Calorie burner
- Powerful detoxifier
- Helps you relax while remaining alert
- Boosts memory and concentration
- Fortify immune system
- Protects your heart and improves cholesterol levels
- Lowers cancer risk
Cleansing And Energizing Matcha Green Tea Latte
Have one of these instead of a coffee to get you through the day. It contains less caffeine and adds tons of health promoting nutrients to your daily diet.
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1 tsp. matcha green tea powder
- 2 oz. hot water
- 6 oz. milk of your choice (I used homemade almond milk, click here for the recipe)
- Raw cacao powder
- Raw honey or vanilla extract to taste (optional)
- Combine 1 tsp. of matcha green tea powder and 2 oz. hot water into a cup, stir well until a smooth paste forms.
- Add 6 oz. steamed milk to the cup and give another stir.
- Add vanilla or honey if you want.
- Scoop foamy milk on top (optional).
- Sprinkle with raw cacao powder.
Want to learn how to make your own vanilla extract? Click here, it’s cheap and super easy!
Don’t forget to download my new FREE eBook ‘Amy’s Home Kitchen’ for more delicious and healthy recipes straight from our kitchen!